Safe Environment Program
Missouri Children’s Division Child Abuse Hotline Number: 1-800-392-3738
For reporting procedures and other information related to reporting incidents of suspected abuse, please refer to the Archdiocesan Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines on Child Abuse. Policies can be found on the Safe Environment page of the Archdiocesan website. You may also contact the Director of the Office of Child & Youth Protection for further assistance at 314-792-7704.
We at Our Lady of Sorrows are deeply grateful to those who, through their employment or their volunteer efforts, help form our children academically, spiritually, socially, and athletically.
We are also aware that our children are a great gift – one that must be cherished and protected.
As of May 22, 2003, the Archdiocese of St. Louis adopted a sexual misconduct policy that is in conformity with the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ “Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People” and “Essential Norms for Diocesan/Eparchial Policies Dealing with Allegations of Sexual Abuse of Minors by Priests or Deacons,” as well as with Vatican documents and the Code of Canon Law. read the full text of the Archdiocesan and USCCB policies
In short, all clergy, employees, and volunteers that have regular contact with minors must:
* Attend one session of the “Protecting God’s Children for Adults” workshop;
* Have on file a “Code of Ethical Conduct for Clergy, Employees, or Volunteers Working With Minors”
* Have on file a copy of a current Criminal History and Child Abuse Background check. (OLS will pay the filing fee.)
* STUDENT (Minor) VOLUNTEERS who work with children must sign (and their parents must co-sign) the “Code of Conduct for Student Volunteers Working With Minors.”
* All forms are available for download on this page or in the Parish Office. If you have any questions, contact our parish Child Safety Coordinator, Kate Harden (351-1600).
“Behold, children are a gift from the Lord, fruit of the womb, a reward.” Psalm 127:3