Subject: Visual Art
- Students will recognize, identify, and utilize the elements of art: line, shape, color, texture, and form.
- Students will recognize, identify, and apply the principles of design: balance, contrast, emphasis, rhythm, and unity.
- Students will create art in two and three dimensions using a variety of media, techniques, and processes.
- Students will demonstrate proper use, care, and storage of tools, materials, and equipment.
- Student will create projects based on the artistic traditions of various artists, cultures and time periods.
- Students will apply appropriate art terminology in viewing, responding to and evaluating artworks.
- Students will value what has been created by self and others and understand the value of differences in individual expression.
- Students will relate the visual arts to other subject areas of the curriculum.
Subject: Computer Education
- Students will practice keyboard skills.
- Students will compose using word processor and presentation software.
- Students will create spreadsheet and chart using appropriate software.
- Students will troubleshoot malfunctioning computer and printer.
- Students will follow responsible use of technology and school technology policy.
- Students will discuss current technology innovations and use of it in society.
- Students will correctly acknowledge online resources used in reports.
- Students will write grammatically correct sentences.
- Students will write well-structured sentences.
- Students will write descriptive, persuasive, and diverse types of sentences correctly.
- Students will identify and properly use the various parts of speech.
- Students will write well-structured paragraphs.
- Students will successfully journal daily using all skills of writing in expressing complete thoughts.
Subject: Language Arts (English) – Honors
- Students will compose original stories, poetry, essays, reflections, and research.
- Students will compose writings of a variety of genre of their choice during periods of free writing.
- Students will use the writing process to construct published pieces.
- Students will demonstrate the 6+1 traits in their original pieces.
- Students will demonstrate their understanding of proper mechanics by proofreading their own writing and becoming a peer editor.
- Students will use revision skills to enhance grammar and vocabulary, as well as to elaborate sentence structure.
- Students will demonstrate their understanding of grammar by diagramming sentences.
- Students will practice word analogies.
- Students will demonstrate vocabulary development by applying new vocabulary in their speaking and writing.
- Students will integrate writing skills into personal pieces, including but not limited to the magic 3, figurative language, repetition for effect, specific detail for effect, expanded moment, hyphenated modifiers, full-circle ending
Subject: Algebra – A
- Students will learn algebraic symbols and language.
- Students will interpret algebraic symbols and language and use them to solve problems.
- Students will develop thinking, reasoning, and problem solving skills.
- Students will apply algebra to everyday problems and solve them.
- Students will compute accurately using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Students will apply mathematical skills to accurately compute and interpret math word problems.
- Students will apply pre-algebra concepts to solve mathematical equations.
- Students will acquire skills related to consumer math.
- Student will learn harmony and harmonic progressions as a function of scales.
- Student will sing in parts from octavo.
- Students will learn mixed meters and polyrhythm.
- Student will learn periods of Music History
- 20th and 21st Century.
- Students will learn African and African-American influence on American Jazz.
Subject: Physical Education
- The students will develop a positive respect for self and others.
- The students will demonstrate good sportsmanship and cooperation.
- The students will apply knowledge of skills and strategies to individual and team activities.
- The students will recognize the benefits of overall body physical fitness
- The students will determine cause and effect relationships between health behaviors and disease and/or illness.
- Students will read and analyze novels as a class.
- Students will read novels for Lit Circles
- Students will personally respond to literature.
- Students will complete various projects on novels to demonstrate critical thinking/application.
- Students will come to a deeper understanding of the Church, the mystery of God’s love, by studying its images, history, and members.
- Students will grow in love for Catholic beliefs and ritual and strive to become committed members of the Church.
- Students will respond to God’s love through Christian morality, service, prayer, and witness.
- Students will be able to successfully locate scripture readings, and their applications for daily life.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of what it means to be a Catholic Christian in every facet of their lives.
- Students will participate in liturgical and Para liturgical services and know various forms of prayers.
Subject: Social Studies
- Students will gain an understanding of how the United States formed in to the diverse country it is today.
- Students will know the reasons for the United States becoming an independent country and how the government was begun.
- Students will understand how the country was expanded to present day dimensions.